All applications for this category are open from March 1st 2021
Awarded to the student(s) who presented the best student podcast. The show can be on a topic of your choosing i.e. Sport, current affairs, culture, business, technology etc. but the podcast must adhere to the guidelines below.
Submit one episode, or montage of episodes (maximum 1 hour), broadcast since February 2020.
Podcasts will be judged on the level presentation, production, education and entertainment.
- Does the podcast host present the program clearly?
- Do they keep tabs on time keeping, ensuring segments aren’t too long or too short?
- If it’s a chat show does the host present themselves or their contributors from talking over each other too much?
- Does the host keep the show going if something goes wrong during the program?
- The show doesn’t have to have been recorded in Abbey Road studio; as long as the show isn’t recorded on a phone or in a nosey environment it’s fine. However, you will get bonus points for clear sound and maintaining good volume levels throughout the podcast.
- Does the podcast teach us something or better our understanding of something we already know?
- Does the podcast tell us why it’s important that we should know this?
- Is the podcast delivered in a way that’s entertaining, easy to digest, and keeps the listener engaged?
Covid-19: Public health advice suggests that it is best to limit contacts due to Covid-19. As a result of the pandemic, we encourage students to send links to their submissions via our online application form.
For our full list of Entry Guidelines see here.
Please Note: Payments for this category must be submitted here.
Closing date for applications is April 15th 2021.