All applications for this category are open on March 1st, 2023.
Awarded to the student(s) who presented the best student podcast. The show can be on a topic of your choosing i.e. Sport, current affairs, culture, business, technology etc. but the podcast must adhere to the guidelines below.
Submit one episode, or montage of episodes (maximum 1 hour), broadcast since February 2022.
Podcasts will be judged on the level of presentation, production, education and entertainment.
- Does the podcast host present the program clearly?
- Do they keep tabs on timekeeping, ensuring segments aren’t too long or too short?
- If it’s a chat show does the host present themselves or their contributors from talking over each other too much?
- Does the host keep the show going if something goes wrong during the program?
- The show doesn’t have to have been recorded in Abbey Road studio; as long as the show isn’t recorded on a phone or in a nosey environment it’s fine. However, you will get bonus points for clear sound and maintaining good volume levels throughout the podcast.
- Does the podcast teach us something or better our understanding of something we already know?
- Does the podcast tell us why it’s important that we should know this?
- Is the podcast delivered in a way that’s entertaining, easy to digest, and keeps the listener engaged?
The closing date for applications is March 15th, 2023.