APPLICATIONS FOR THIS CATEGORY HAVE BEEN EXTENDED TILL 10th APRIL 2020.
Below is list of areas that your article could incorporate. You must include at least one:
- Below is list of areas that your article could incorporate. You must include at least one.
- A European Green Deal to protect the Environment and Climate
- Protecting European Democracy (eg media freedom, external influence on elections)
- Europe and the Digital Age
- Rural Development, Agriculture and the CAP
- Europe’s Role in the World (eg trade, development aid, migration, diplomacy)
- The Future of Europe after Brexit
- EU&Me: opportunities created for young people (eg Erasmus, DiscoverEU, traineeships)
* If an article is submitted where the publication date is over 12 months it may be admitted on the discretion of the European Commission Representation.
There will be five students shortlisted and the winning student will be announced at the Smedias.
A jury will select the winning article based on the following criteria:
- Research into and knowledge demonstrated of chosen topic
- Originality and creativity
- Quality of writing and ease of reading
- Spelling and grammar
The winning student will receive a Smedia award, a cash prize of €1,000 and publication in a regional or on-line newspaper.
- The EU Smedia Award is a written competition.
- Entries must be in English and must include both a scan of the publication and a word version of the article.
- The competition is open to all third level students in Ireland.
- Only one entry per student is allowed and the work must be the student’s own.
- The deadline for receipt of entries as per the Student Marketing Network rules Find out more at www.Oxygen.ie
When attaching articles to the application form they must be in PDF format and named “CATEGORY NAME_YOUR NAME_1/2/3”
The European Commission reserves the right to reproduce the submitted articles and also to broadcast the winner’s Irish TV recording via our social media channels.
Applications are open from March 2nd 2020.
If you have any questions about the competition please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For our full list of Entry Guidelines see here.
Click here to apply online
Please Note: You must submit one written sample.
Payments for this category must be submitted here.