Cara Delevingne is a lady that I believe can never do wrong and has been a firm favourite of mine for many years. Her fashion sense is her most notable trait and here is a fine example why. Cara paired platform sneakers with the classic black ripped knee jean, plain white top and a statement bomber to finish off her look and give it edge.
Product of the Week: Better Skin Foundation by Maybelline:
Normally, I tend to shy away from foundation reviews- everyone has different skin types and the quest to find your perfect foundation never really ends, as some may work flawlessly for some but fail miserably for others. This is a foundation that’s great for oilier and acne prone skin types and for those with hyper-pigmentation problems, as it does have fairly good coverage and can be layered. The main reason why I love this foundation is because it comes in the perfect skin shade for my skin, but it’s also brilliant for oily skin types. It combats oil and doesn’t slide off the face, an absolute essential. I don’t recommend it for those suffering with dry skin as it accentuates dry patches. It works well with skin problems- acne isn’t left irritated, dry patches aren’t worsened, a surprising and rare feature for a high-street foundation.
Guide to Denim:
The classic black ripped skinny jean has become a cult staple, not only for women but men also, however denim has taken over our lives over the past few years once again. Although blue denim has never left, here is a few tips how to wear denim today:
1) Ripped black jeans/ Blue skinnies: need I say more?
2) Dungarees: a recent festival favourite, not only are these incredibly versatile and easy to wear, they are incredibly playful and a refreshing twist on the everyday outfit. Easy to wear and style, these can be paired with a t-shirt or a turtleneck in the colder months.
3) A-line skirts: not everyone is a fan of the a-line skirt, I don’t think I’ve worn a denim skirt since I was about five years of age. Nevertheless, they have come back in a flourish. Style yours by tucking the top in and adding two strap heels and a pea coat for a night out- for during the day, add tights and swap the heels for ankle boots.
4) Jackets: fur-lined denim jackets have been coming back season after season. Most lack a hood and are oversized, but always look incredibly stylish. For oversized clothes, don’t forget to balance out top and bottom- if the top is oversized and bulky, choose a more slimming pant and vice versa.
5) Rolled up jeans: this seems to be the go to choice for all jeans nowadays- if they’re too long, roll the bottoms. If they’re too short, roll the bottoms. If they’re skinnies, boyfriends or mom jeans, roll the bottoms. It’s the classic model-off-duty trend that gives jeans such a modern twist, and adds a bit of shape to them, which they sometimes lack.