It will be awarded to the best article which covers EU affairs, and which was printed in a student publication in the year previous to the closing date of entries to the SMEDIAs 2024 as published on the Student Marketing Network website.
Below is the list of areas that your article could incorporate.You must include at least one.
- The EU and Me
- EU enlargement and accession of new countries to the EU
- The 2024 European Parliament election
- The EU’s Role in the World (eg trade, development aid, migration, diplomacy, EU response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine or to the Israel-Hamas War)
- A European Green Deal to protect the Environment and Climate
- Europe and the Digital Age
- Rural Development, Agriculture and the CAP
The EU SMEDIA Award is awarded can be award to the following forms of media written wither print or online or audio journalism in the form of radio or podcasts.
Entries must be in English and must include both a scan of the publication and a word version of the article if written or both the link to published audio file and the original recording.
The competition is open to all third-level students in Ireland.
Only one entry per student is allowed and the work must be the student’s own The deadline for receipt of entries as per the Student Marketing Network rules
* If an article is submitted where the publication date is over 12 months it may be admitted on the discretion of the European Commission Representation
There will be five students shortlisted and the winning student will be announced at the SMEDIAs Ceremony in 2023.
A jury will select the winning article based on the following criteria:
- Research intoand knowledge demonstrated of the chosen topic.
- Originality and creativity
- Quality of writing and ease of reading
Submissions open 26th February 2024 and close 7th March 2024.