Karlie Kloss hit the streets of London last week wearing a knee-length turtle neck dress, with a long satin coat draped over her shoulders. The supermodel sported an easy, yet winter appropriate look- with simple patterns and a longer length, your dresses will ensure there’s no shivers- add a long, simple coat to finish off.
How To Stay Stylish In The Winter:
Wintertime can probably be the hardest time to stay stylish and to keep your outfits on point- the combos I end up throwing together in the colder months are usually knitwear jumpers with jeans, my coat and a big blanket scarf. Although there’s nothing wrong with these simple looks as they’re extremely practical and quick, I tend to get bored of them pretty quickly- here’s some ways to stay stylish this winter.
1) Love your boots: Winter shoes are usually something I treat myself to almost every year, as I end up wearing them most days. this year, the boot to go for is an elongated ankle boot, with a block heel. These come in a plethora of shapes and sizes, with white leather boots being a big deal- however I would suggest to opt for a more practical colour and a transparent plastic heel.
2) Wrap the scarves: blanket scarves hit Irish streets in 2014, with every girl owning at least two or three this year and not leaving the house without one. Penney’s sell oodles and oodles of these for a couple of quid, invest in a few and wear them to death. Tip: these also make great blankets.
3) Don’t forget skirts: as crazy as wearing a skirt in December may sound, its true to say that this winter hasn’t been as cold as they usually are, so don’t shy away from skirts just yet. Velvet crush is very on trend this season- the best skirts to look for are either mini skaters, or ankle length chiffons. Pair them with tights and ankle boots- a classic winter look and no one freezes to death.
Best Gift Sets:
This year, like every other year, brands launch numerous gift sets to tempt their customers. I’ve sorted through the market and found my top three sets, if you still have some Christmas shopping to do, or haven’t even started yet (like my own good self)
1) M&S Beauty Advent Calendar: I first spotted this on Melanie Morris’ Snapchat story and still can’t get over how good of an idea this is. The calendar is make up of numbered rectangular boxes, which are built to make up a Christmas tree and each contains a little beauty item. The high-end goodies include Pixie’s Eyebrow Gel and various masks and serums.
2) Lush’s Christmas Gift Sets: Lush always release little boxes filled with gorgeous smelling delights every holiday. This year, there’s dozens of gift boxes to choose from, which vary in price and are the perfect last minute gift, as they already come impeccably wrapped.
3) Soap and Glory- The Whole Glam Lot: once again, Soap and Glory have teamed up with Boots to release a limited edition gift set, full of everything and anything a beauty addict could want. The gift set comes in at just €40 when it would cost double the price to get each product individually- you just can’t ask for more.