We are delighted to announce that applications are now open for the National Student Media Awards 2019.
There is no need to pre-register or register – All information on how to apply for any of our categories is enclosed below.
Closing date for entries is Thursday 7th March at 5pm, so don’t hesitate and apply now before it’s too late!
Please note you can only enter each category once but you can enter as many categories as you like.
You will be able to enter the majority of our categories online. Under your chosen category, there will be details on the category and a link to the application form, from there you will fill in your details and upload your files.
Here is the application form for online categories: http://www.oxygen.ie/smedias-online-application-form/.
- Journalist of the Year
- Journalist of the Year National Press
- Features Writer News & Current Affairs
- Features Writer Arts & Pop Culture
- Colour Writer of the Year
- Sports Writer of the Year
- Short Story of the Year
- RSA Award for Journalism on Road Safety
- European Commission Award
- SFI Science Writer of the Year
- TV Production of the Year
- Short Film of the Year
- Film Script of the Year
- Short Animation of the Year
- Iriseoireacht Scríofa
- Raidió Trí Ghaeilge
- Léiriúcháin Teilifíse i nGaeilge- Faisnéis agus Drámaíocht
- Blog/Vlog of the Year
- Website of the Year
- People’s Choice Award
- Radio Production of the Year News & Current Affairs
- Radio Production of the Year Arts & Features
- Radio Documentary of the Year
- Radio DJ(S) of the Year
- Radio Journalist of the Year
You will only need to post or drop in your entries into our office (Generation Y, 177 Rathmines Road Lower, Rathmines, Dublin 6) for these categories:
- Newspaper of the Year
- Editor of the Year
- Magazine of the Year
- Small College Or Society Publication Of The Year
- Layout and Design of The Year.
To enter any of the PHOTOGRAPHY categories you must submit three unique photographs for consideration accompanied with your application form HERE.
The form must be downloaded, filled in and emailed to ‘email@example.com’, all photos must be submitted in JPEG format or they will not be considered.
To enter for the ‘People’s Choice’ Award simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject headline as People Choice Award
Once you have completed your entry please pay for it HERE.
If you’re having any difficulties please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
And please note, if you’re entering multiple categories, when you attach PDF articles and go to enter a second it will look like your PDF’s have disappeared. Don’t worry they haven’t they are still attached!