So It’s a brand new year and a brand new you!
So what better way to start off the new year than by understanding and looking after your skin which will help you glow from the inside out.
But before we get started you need to know your skin type…..
WHAT IS YOUR SKIN TYPE?
Before you can take proper care of your skin you need to know your skin type.
people sometimes get confused so here’s how to diagnose your skin type!!
There are 4 different skin types:
Normal (which is very rare)
- Combination (mixture)
- Sensitivity/Dehydration are NOT skin types, These are conditions that can change with a skincare routine that works for you.
Normal skin is quite rare in adults! all babies are born with normal skin.
Normal skin is smooth,even textured,unblemished,looks firm, doesn’t appear shiny and has a healthy glow basically your skin has to be perfect 🙂
Oily skin will have a shiny appearance, can be oily to touch, will have open and blocked pores,blackheads,a sallow appearance and spots.
Dry skin can be sensitive, It will have a uneven colour or texture, may appear dull,dehydrated, white heads will appear under eyes and your skin may feel tight especially after cleansing or coming out of the shower.
Combination skin: is when you have 2 of the skin types. For example I have dry skin but I have a oily t-zone (forehead,nose and chin) therefore I have combination skin .
This is the most common skin type!
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR SKIN
- Your skin can be infleuenced by your actions eg smoking, exposure to UV rays, unbalanced diet, stress,alcohol, incorrect skincare
- Eat healthy!!! This is a tough one but your skin needs vitamins and minerals just as much as your body!
- Cleanse,Tone and Moisturise twice daily!!!
- Exfoliate once or twice a week
- Wear SPF daily to protect your skin even if its raining the sun is always there!!
- Drink 2 litres of water daily to keep skin hydrated
- Make sure you get your 5 a day
- Get your beauty sleep
- Try not to touch your skin during the day, you are transferring bacteria,dirt and oil from your hands onto your face which can cause spots,blackheads and infections!!!
- Take vitamin and minerals supplements if needed, these are great for your hair,skin and nails!
- Don’t use a facial scrub everyday you can over exfoliate your skin which can over stimulate sebaceous glands (these produce oil) causing more breakouts and irritation.
- Find out more about the skin products you use. Alot of drugstore products contain alcohol/chemicals which can cause irritation
- Remember the same products don’t work for everyone what works for your friend may not work for you!!
- Don’t use baby wipes on your face regularly this will do your skin no good in the long run!! If you have to use wipes, use a wipe that’s designed for your face and only use them occasionally!!
- If you skin is not cared for your makeup won’t apply as well or as evenly.
If you would like a little more information on how to look after your skin and what products I use, you can check out my video here:
Next time – I’ll be talking about Skincare Routines and making you own Homemade Skincare.
Happy New Year and I wish you all the best for 2016!
Love Saz x