Events and Public Relations Intern wanted for The National Student Media Awards
Events &PR Internship Opportunity
GenerationY is a marketing agency that specialises in the student market. GenerationY runs nationwide promotions for well-known brands, produces The Spanner e-zine, runs the Oxygen.ie website and last but not least organises The National Student Media Awards (Smedias).
At present, we are looking for a highly organised Events and PR intern to be involved with developing and organising the National Student Media Awards (Smedias) 2016. The role will also involve looking after the public relations side of the 2016 Smedias. This opportunity would be suitable for someone who is looking to gain experience in the industry, and will be able to apply their knowledge in a practical environment.
This is a major national event with a huge media profile and therefore a unique opportunity for an aspiring young professional. You will work directly with the events manager and the managing director, and will be given a very responsible and important role.
Commitment is required.
We are looking for someone who would be available full time, ready to start immediately and work up to the end of April.
– Must be available to work Monday to Friday 10 – 5pm until April
– Must be studying and or have a Degree in Event Management and or PR
– Admin experience is an advantage as this role will be office based.
– Experience in public relations or event management is a must.
Primary roles would include:
• Compiling and maintaining press lists
• Compiling press releases
• Liaising with key media, both local and national
• Organising a photocall for national media
• Securing TV presence before and after the event
• Liasing with celebrities and VIP’s for the event
• Managing the Smedia’s social media presence
• Making the managing director look good!
• Evaluation reports at the end of the campaign
• Not answering the door when the TV license inspector calls…
You would also be involved in the organisation and management of the event.
To apply for this role please forward an up to date CV and brief cover letter to email@example.com.